Hello everybody! I have been busy changing some little things on my blog... like the colors, button, etc (I encourage you to visit the Welcome Page I just added pictures of my mom, dad, husband and some random "food pictures" from Mexico) so, anyway... I was thinking that maybe many would think they are only going to find hot/spicy food recipes in my blog, but I just want you all to know that "Cooking with Fire" is not about "adding hot pepper or Tabasco sauce" to everything you cook, it's about Cooking with Passion, with Love for others! and hopefully with Real Fire on your Stove (which unfortunately, I don't have right now because my stove HAS TO BE electric in the new place we live... oh well!) but ... I just want you to know that I hope I will make this blog as varied as possible and you will find from a salad, stew, etc... to a luscious dessert! It doesn't have to be spicy at all! (sometimes it'll be! of course!) I just hope I can help "end some myths" about Mexican food being spicy! All filled with "taco seasonings" and "yellow melted cheese on top" ... Mexican food can be refined, ideal for a romantic dinner or just for a family gathering where everyone can enjoy!
So... ok... let's just go for our new recipe...
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
- 3 slices of bacon (cut in small squares)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- In a pot with water, boil the zucchinis for about 8 minutes, they should be cooked but still firm so they keep their shape.
- In the meantime fry the bacon in a pan on the stove until it's cooked all the way through and starts getting crispy. (Make sure it's not too crispy)
- Once the bacon is cooked and the zucchinis have boiled for about 8 minutes, remove the zucchinis from the water, cuth them lengthwise in halves and remove the center/pulp and seeds (set aside) and put each "empty zucchini shell" for about 30 seconds on each half in the hot fat the bacon released (the bacon can still be there cooking, it doesn't matter) just make sure you coat the zucchinis with part of the fat so they get the flavor/saltiness from the bacon.
- Remove the "zucchini shells" from the pan, season them with a little bit of salt and black pepper, set them aside.
- Now in the same pan with the bacon add the pulp/seeds from the zucchini, garlic and season with black pepper (only add salt if you taste it and think it's necessary, but remember that bacon is already salty). Cook for about 1 or 2 more minutes, stirring constantly and use this to stuff your "zucchini shells" top with mozarella cheese (you can add more if you want) and serve hot! (You can even set aside and have this ready to warm up later in the oven)
I hope you enjoy this recipe... I made it yesterday and hubby loved it! Remember that cooking "The Mexican way" is not about "amounts and following recipes to the "t" " It's about cooking with love and combining the ingredients and flavors you love! You can make stuffed zucchini with many other ingredients, you can use corn and fresh mozzarella cheese and tomato. You can also fry some ham with butter/garlic/onions and stuff your zucchini topping it all with mozzarella...You can do SO MUCH ... just get creative! ;)