I have been happy that with my new gained attitude I've also gained confidence with my cooking with "electricity" ... so I have been busy in my kitchen and here it is one of my latest meals I thought I should share with you ... I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Chicken and mushrooms in a Chipotle Cream Sauce: (2 or 3 servings, depending on the size of the chicken breast and the size of your appetite)
- 1 chicken breast (no bones, no skin) sliced vertically in thin (about 1/2 inch) strips
- 4 oz. fresh white (or baby portobello) mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- about 3 oz philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 chipotle peppers (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce) you can use more or less depending on how you handle the heat, taste a little bit first, start with one, taste it and adjust. I use about 1 1/2 so it's enjoyable and still has a kick!
- 2 tbsp. butter (unsalted)
- Milk (as needed, not help the sauce get the right consistency and thin it if needed)
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- 1/2 chicken bouillion cube
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper (use less salt than you usually would because the chicken bouillion adds salt too and you don't want it to be salty... so taste as you cook)
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan, once the butter is melted and warm enough cook the chicken strips there, don't stir, just place the stripes on the skillet, cook them 5 minutes on one side (making sure they cook at least 1/2 way through) - cook uncovered-
- Turn the chicken strips on the other side and add the mushrooms slices, cook for 3 more minutes -your chicken should have a beautiful not too light not too dark golden color on both sides - make sure the mushrooms cook as evenly as possible.
- While the chicken cooks (or you can make the sauce previously to not be in any hurries) you can make the sauce, put the heavy cream, creem cheese, chipotle pepper, some milk (about 1/4 cup), garlic and chicken bouillion in the blender, blend until it looks like a creamy sauce.
- Pour it over the chicken once the chicken has cooked making sure it covers everything, mix it and let it stir for about 5 minutes in low heat to make sure it all gets the flavor, if the sauce is too thick you can adjust with a little more milk, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary (a little more salt or black pepper as you prefer)
I serve it next to a white rice with vegetables and butter and a fresh lettuce/tomato salad.