Today I will share a recipe of very very easy chicken fajitas, you can make tacos with them with corn or flour tortilla (I used flour tortilla this time)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast (skinless, boneless) and cut to make about 8 smaller pieces.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground pepper to taste (I use Kosher Salt)
- 3 bell peppers (1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red), remove veins/seeds and make thin slices.
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inch) or 12 regular corn tortillas
- Fresh chopped cilantro (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for serving.
- 2 limes (cut one in wedges and the other one just cut by half)
- Heat broiler on High, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Arrange chicken on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; rub with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper, and season with salt and pepper. Broil, without turning, until chicken is opaque throughout, 7 - 9 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- On another rimmed baking sheet lined with foil, toss peppers, onion, garlic, and remaining tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Broil, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender and slightly dark in some of their edges (charred), about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice chicken crosswise. Warm up the tortillas on a comal (flat griddle or pan) on medium high, making sure they don't toast but they warm up all the way through (about 35 seconds each side). Transfer chicken and "roasted peppers" to a platter, and serve on tortillas, garnish with cilantro, sour cream and some drops of the halved lime plus lime wedges on the side.